Our Travel Concept
Get ready to tackle your bucket list while opening up your world to the most amazing people, places, and experiences out there. DETOURS isn’t just “travel”, it’s genuinely incredible experiences that promise to be unforgettable. Anything but your typical “group tour”, Detours is a laid-back approach to travel that feels more like exploring the world with friends than anything else. Forget the clipboard-wielding tour guide at the front of a 50-person bus, you won't find that kind of trip here.
After spending years traveling the world, we knew we wanted to share our passion for travel with others. We noticed a lack of opportunities for gay guys like us to take part in group travel that goes beyond a boat, beyond the window of a bus, and really allowed people to truly experience exciting parts of the world. We also knew from experience that the typical idea of a structured "group tour" just wasn't our cup of tea. We wanted to focus on the kind of fun and adventure that would make our travelers return home with countless stories of incredible places and new friends, and with faces that hurt from laughing and smiling.
That's why we created a less-restricting itinerary which encourages spontaneous, fun-filled opportunities to capture the best of what every spot along the way has to offer, and isn't that what it's all about? We help our travelers to really get to know a particular country, appreciate the local people, and see and do things beyond their wildest dreams. We travel in a casual, unhurried fashion, while enjoying the good company of a fun group along with easy-going leaders. The combination of our own unique travel concept and our extensive traveling experiences allows us to offer unrivaled experiences for our guests. And the result? A quickly growing group of die-hard DETOURS travelers who return home raving about their experience!
We don't believe in constructing "cookie cutter" daily itineraries which attempts to give everybody a trip that suits the masses. Instead, we are passionate about helping each unique traveler have the time of their life. To achieve this, we understand that everyone is different and that our trip leaders are there to ensure our guests see and do everything that our amazing destinations have to offer. The only structured itinerary is one that outlines what days and times we travel to a new destination; but we add the activities and experiences together, as we go! Without a set daily plan, you can relax and do what you want, when you want, and there's always others ready to join you. Want to get up close with nature, explore ancient ruins, zipline through the jungle, visit temples, and SCUBA dive? Awesome! Want to spend the day soaking up sun on the perfect white sand beach? Awesome! Nobody's going to tell you that you've got an 8am quilt-making class... unless you really want that of course! The potential for good times is limitless and never lacking. The Detours leaders are always involved with our groups, and looking to inject fun and inspiring elements into every step of the trip. Our group trip leaders know the country and our destinations so intricately that we’ll show you the ins and outs and help you discover a trip that is far beyond your greatest expectations.
THE DETOURS ADVANTAGE
We REALLY encourage you to do your research before you make a decision, shop around, compare, and as you do so remember what makes DETOURS different:
• We are proud of our top-notch customer service. Fast, reliable, efficient, helpful, friendly, and going above-and-beyond is what we're known for.
• We keep our trips affordable, not by decreasing quality, but by cutting out middle-men and keeping our own operating costs down!
• We are fully involved in every aspect of our trips, before, during, and after to ensure the highest quality of leaders, service, accommodation and more. We never outsource the actual running of any trips to other tour companies.
• We organize most activities based on the interests of our group members, so you don't end up wasting time doing something you don't want to do.
• We travel in a relaxed, unhurried fashion by spending less time on the road and more time in destinations we know you'll love! This is why some of our trips even include domestic flights.
• We have personally spent lots of time at every destination and accommodation provider to ensure the best places to spend your precious time in paradise.
We're completely confident that we offer the best value gay trip out there. If there's any doubt left in your mind, just let us know and we'll keep this list of Detours advantages going!